The primary role of the Plan Monitoring Advisory Committee (PMAC) is to monitor the implementation of the Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD’s) Solid Waste Management Plan (SWMP). To ensure the successful implementation of the SWMP, PMAC acts in an advisory role to the FVRD by reviewing information related to the handling and storage of municipal solid waste (MSW). Committee membership includes representation from the:
- FVRD Engineering & Environmental Services staff;
- FVRD member municipalities;
- Technical staff from Ministry of Environment;
- Recycling and waste haulers industries;
- Environmental & Community Group; and,
- Public resident members
Committee membership to be provided after 2012 Committee appointments have been made.